Katherine S. Degar
Columbia, SC 29212| 803.391.5398 │ firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Learning Coach
Skilled and highly trained Digital Learning Coach with 9+ years of work experience in a variety of career positions by delivering and assessing the needs of faculty in order to create leadership training and Professional Development using the ADDIE Model. Serving as a liaison between school and district technology initiatives and school based implementation and support for administrators and teachers. Collaborating with applicable instructional and technical staff to support, manage, and optimize the use of instructional software, and network resources to support quality teaching and learning.
Areas of Expertise
Digital Learning Coach |
White Knoll Middle School, Lexington, SC 8/2014 to Present
Provide reliable leadership, staff development, and instructional support to all instructional staff and administrative staff. Conferenced with certified staff members and established professional learning goals to be implemented by staff, which resulted in 100% state compliance on technology requirements.
- Created and implemented an onboarding program called BL Bootcamp to support 23 new teachers
- Implemented a Blended Learning instructional model beginning with 12 teachers and successfully expanding to 57 within 2 years.
- Collaborated with Teachers and provided individual and small group coaching cycles to support and personalize professional development using the Student-Centered Coaching model.
- Organized and facilitated all technology related assessments and surveys for staff and students, including state technology proficiency requirements.
- Promoted and supported the use of technology to support student achievement, which led to increase standardized test scores (MAP, SC PASS).
Adjunct Instructor |
College of Charleston, Charleston, SC Summer 2015 to Present
Provided professional learning opportunities and reflective feedback which helped secondary teachers integrate their classrooms into a blended learning environment.
- Co-Created a graduate course on Using LMS (Schoology) to facilitate a Blended Learning Classroom
- Provide teachers with an immersive experience in a blended classroom environment
- Support teachers in their transition from a traditional classroom to a personalized learning environment through the creation of a blended portfolio or unit.
White Knoll, High School, Lexington, SC 8/2009 to 8/2014
Teaching around 28 students per classroom ranging from grades 9-12 with an emphasis in Science studies and planned and implemented standard-based science curriculum.
- Created an Eco-Friendly classroom environment by using Google Apps for Education
- Managed 28+ sized classroom and was responsible for teaching, giving summative/formative assessments, and laboratory experiments.
- Provided before and after school tutoring and incorporated technology into lessons by utilizing digital tools such as GAFE, iMovie, Metamoji, Discover Education, Showbie, and other varieties of creation and annotation applications.
Co-Presenter | iNACOL’s Online and Blended Learning Symposium 2016
Co-Presenter | Blended Learning Workshop at TransformSC 2016
Presenter| Midlands Summit and Upstate Technology Conference 2016
Secondary Science District Representative | Implementation Leadership Team for Common Core State Standards 2012-2014
Education & Certificates
M.Ed Digital Learning and Leading, 3.875 GPA | Lamar University, Beaumont, TX,
Bachelor of Science, Biology| University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 2006-2008
Bachelor of Science, Biology| College of Charleston, Charleston, SC 2002-2004
General Science | South Carolina Secondary Certificate 2009
General Science | Gifted and Talented Endorsement 2013
Certification| Leading Edge Digital Educator 2015