I participated in Lamar University’s M.Ed in Digital Learning and Leading over an 18-month period. This program followed the COVA (choice, ownership, voice, authentic learning) model and allowed me to grow in my work as a Digital Learning Coach. Throughout the program I was able to:
- Develop appropriate strategies to lead organizational change
- Understand the leadership qualities necessary for supporting disruptive innovation
- Research and assess the role a growth mindset has on creating effective learning environments
- Identify, investigate and understand contemporary issues relevant to local and global contexts.
- Distinguish learner-centered instructional methods from teacher centered methods and identify technologies that support each method type
- Understand digital citizenship as it relates to their professional practice
- Compare and contrast inquiry-based theories and methods as they relate to digital teaching and learning
- Construct learning objectives, assessment items, and learning activities based on expected outcomes for online learners.
Information obtained from Lamar University’s Graduate Program page.